The combination of techniques and real-life experience makes the chapters fun and easy to read.
Couple of things that I copied to my “remember list”
- The audience are not judging as much as you think, because they don’t care as much as you think.
- Good speaker find when they finish that there have been four versions of the speech: the one they delivered, the one they prepared, the one the newspapers say was delivered, and the one on the way home they whish they had delivered.
- The body’s reaction to fear and excitement is the same … so it becomes a mental decision: am I afraid or am I excited?
- How to grab the attention of an audience:
- The secret behind instant weight loss or how to reach world domination or world peace if you are a sissy.
Lastly it is the “what to do …” chapters, he goes though everything from computer crash, microphone crash to what if your talk sucks … Good saving techniques are offered. I used several of the things in the book for training sales people for sales talks and speeches with very good results.
I definitely recommend the book. Amazon has the best price, specially if you have a kindle or iPad app for kindle.