75% of the books is really interesting. Not much completely new thoughts, however, sometimes getting confirmation on what you are working on can be very satisfying. Also, Tony Robbins has a unique way of putting words to thoughts.
He is of course very American in his way of writing and in some cases you just have to skip paragraphs of “I am so great and I have saved the world in many occasions” “I only teach in hundereds and all my students are great leaders/thinkers/CEOs/military”. With that said, this is an easy book to read with many interesting angels to motivation and self empowerment. I like the set-up in this book.
I recommend this book, it is worth the time and money. Specially if you are getting it for you kindle or ibook.
Below is a list of notes that I took while reading the book:
- Action is what unites every great success. Action is what produces results. Knowledge is only potential power until it comes into the hands of someone who knows how to get himself to take effective action.
- POWER is the ABILITY TO ACT.
- How you feel is not the result of what is happening in your life- It is your interpretation of what is happening. Successful peoples lives have shown us over and over again that quality of our lives is determined not by that happens to us,but rather by what we do about what happens.
- Emotions like depression do not happen to you. You don’t catch depression. You create it, like every other result in your life, through specific mental and physical actions. In order to get depressed you have to view your life in a specific ways, say certain things to your self in a right tone f vice. You have to adopt a specific posture and breathing pattern.
- People who know what they want and are willing to pay the price to get it “the few who do” versus “the many who talk”.
- People don’t usually lack resources, they lack control over their resources.
- Shakespeare sa, there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so!
- The meeting of preparation with opportunity generated the offspring we call luck.
- To change our behavior we have to start with our own beliefs.
- The parameters for changing the beliefs:
– Results and experience, past experience and results
– Mental image of expected result
- People are not lazy, they simply have impotent goals- that is, goals that do not inspire them. Anthony Robbins.
- If you knew you could not fail, what would you do? If you were absolutely certain of success, what activities would you pursue, what actions would you take?
- If you don’t have a clear representation of what your ideal day would be, what are your chances of creating it?
- Re-framing as a tool for converting the negative to positive.
Re-framing is the tool of how to talk to yourself
1- Identify the pattern or behavior you wish to change
- Anchoring as a way of physically give yourself hints to change state.
- The ability to eliminate from your own environment triggers that tend to put you in negative or unresourceful states, while installing positive ones in yourself and in others.
- All successful people know that success is buried on the other side of frustration. Unfortunately, some people don’t get to the other side. People who fail to achieve their goals usually get stopped by frustration.
Hey, sbtule must be your middle name. Great post!
Thank you for your comment. Hope to provide more content that you like in the future.
After reading your blog post I browsed your website a bit and noticed you aren’t ranking nearly as well in Google as you could be. I possess a handful of blogs myself and I think you should take a look here: http://seopressors.org You’ll find it’s a very nice tool that can bring you a lot more visitors. Keep up the quality posts