There is only one…. ONE thing in the whole world that bugs me with the iPhone. I would like to have “new email” alerts only by vibrate and no sound. The sound drives my family crazy! I am already crazy so !
There is no built in feature for a silent “new email” alert. Either you have sound+vibration or nothing at all.
I found a trick! Adding a silent ring tone and assigning it to the “new email” alert will just do the trick. If you know how to do it. Here is the file: silence ringtone for iPhone
Now, if you need more info, read along.
- Download the file: silence ringtone for iPhone
- Unzip it
- Drag it to you iTunes library.
- You’ll find the file now under ”Tones”
- Connect your iPhone and drag the silent file to your iPhone. The iPhone will recognize the file and it will be available for you.
- On you iPhone, Go to Settings, Sounds and further down the list, you’ll find “new email”.
- Choose the silent.
There you go, only vibration on new emails.